The Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC) is looking for a motivated intern with an interest in transitional justice and the conflict in Syria. SJAC accepts applications from current undergraduate, graduate and law students, as well as recent graduates. Interns are responsible for communicating SJAC’s message to Syrians and the international community as well as supporting SJAC’s analysis and research. They are encouraged to pursue their own research, as long as it contributes to SJAC’s mission to prevent impunity, promote redress for victims, and facilitate principled institutional reform in Syria.
SJAC offers internships for the fall and spring semesters.
Applicants must be based in DC, Maryland, or Virginia during the internship.
Tasks of an SJAC intern include:
- Maintain SJAC’s social media accounts and promoting new analysis and events
- Design relevant communications materials, including infographics and factsheets
- Assist in maintaining the SJAC website, including updating the Transitional Justice Library
- Provide research support for SJAC articles and reports
- Write blog posts on issues related to Syria and transitional justice
- Assist in editing SJAC reports
- Create administrative materials such as spreadsheets, media trackers, polls, etc
- Other duties as assigned
Strong English proficiency is required. Arabic proficiency is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Excel, and Adobe Suites is strongly desired. Interns must be able to work from the SJAC office in Washington, DC and are paid at the rate of $17.00/hour. Internships are typically 15 hours per week.
Please send an email to hiring(at)syriaaccountability.org with your resume, a cover letter, three professional or academic references, and a writing sample not to exceed 800 words. The writing sample should be an example blog post that demonstrates your knowledge of transitional justice and the Syrian conflict. Please see SJAC’s website for recent examples. In the subject line of your email and in your cover letter, please be sure to include the term for which you are applying [Fall / Spring].
Number of Positions: 1
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Work Location: One location