Title: Program Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Program Officer
SJAC is seeking a full-time Program Associate to provide programmatic and administrative support in the day-to-day administration of SJAC activities from its headquarters in Washington DC. The Program Associate will support SJAC’s missing persons, capacity building, and communications teams.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Program Officer, provide administrative, logistical, and communications support for the SJAC team.
- Assist in project implementation, including in partnership coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and budget management.
- Draft and monitor consulting agreements, contracts, and subgrants.
- Provide logistics and operations support including purchasing items for SJAC and arranging travel accommodations for SJAC staff and Board members
- Support the research and writing of SJAC’s human rights and transitional justice reports and blog articles.
- Support the drafting of content for SJAC’s website and social media pages
- Support the coordination of publications, including coordinating translation and review of documents
- Support senior staff in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary for new business development.
- Coordinate online webinars and podcasts and in-person events for policymakers, experts, and Syrian audiences.
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Middle East Studies, Political Science, or related field. Advanced degree an asset.
- Minimum one year of professional administrative experience (including internships) in an international organization or similar institution.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and ability to work under and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be a team player and demonstrate a sense of responsibility and sensitivity in dealing with diverse audiences.
- Experience working in or knowledge of the Middle East.
- Interest in the field of human rights and transitional justice.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a non-profit setting, working on programs that receive government grants preferred.
- Experience using Excel and familiarity with Google Suite, and livestreaming services
- Knowledge of Arabic preferred, but not required.
Salary: Starting salary is dependent on education and experience within established bands of compensation. SJAC anticipates offering a starting salary of $50,000.
Other Benefits and/or Policies include:
- SJAC has a hybrid work policy. While employees are occasionally expected to report to the office for in person events or meetings, they are otherwise free to split their working time between our DC office and their home within the Washington metropolitan area according to their preferences.
- Vacation Leave: 10 days in the 1st year; 15 days in years 1-2 and 20 days in years 3+; Flex Fridays, every other Friday
- Family and Sick Leave: 10 days/year
- Annual Holidays: At least 13 holidays including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Savings and Retirement Plans: automatic 2% employer contribution, and up to 7% matching contribution
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Short-term disability and life insurance
- Worker’s compensation insurance and unemployment insurance
SJAC is a diverse organization made up of 40+ team members around the globe. We pride ourselves in our ability to implement programming that is inclusive and responsive to the needs of all Syrians, and believe that our own team’s diversity of viewpoints and experiences helps us to achieve that goal. We encourage all interested applicants to apply, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Program Associate” to [email protected], providing a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of less than 10 pages. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.